Want to win up to $40 worth of STAMPlorations products just by creating a free store account and filling up your wishlist with the products you want? If yes, check out the Giving Thanks Blog Hop & Wishlist Linky Party and link up! (ends 11/30)
***

Friday, July 14, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Dragonflies and Popsicles



MariLynn here with a summer mixed media tutorial using Dragonfly Waltz stencil and the remains of a summer favorite. Popsicle sticks. You can save the from eating yummy popsicles or you can buy them.


I cut a piece of cardstock and glued the popsicles down to make a flat surface for my project



I used dragonfly waltz stencil and denim blue spray.



I used oil pastel to add a variant of colors with the dragonflies.



I added some fingernail polish over the dragonflies to give them an iridescent quality


I added some white paint and glitter to the dragonflies


I wanted some softness to my project so I added some cheesecloth and gold thread.


I had some mosaic paper that I freehand cut out a dragonfly. I added some glitter to the wings


I hope you were inspired by my project.

3 comments:

  1. What a great use of the popsicle sticks MariLynn - love how you layered the colours on the stenciled dragonflies too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...