Want to win up to $40 worth of STAMPlorations products just by creating a free store account and filling up your wishlist with the products you want? If yes, check out the Giving Thanks Blog Hop & Wishlist Linky Party and link up! (ends 11/30)
***

Thursday, July 06, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Plays with the Birds



Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am playing with newest stamp club set, For the Birds. Don't you just love these birds :) I tried some tone on tone stamping to create this card set. Here's the look...




Step 1
I started out by cutting three panels of colored card stock. My choice of color was based on the paper and the inks I had on me :) Next I stamped the detailed sentiments from this set in the respective inks



Step 2
I also stamped the birds sitting on the branch on the diagonally opposite edges.





Step 3
I die cut the birds from a watercolored card stock.




Step 4
To watercolor the birds, I added the same distress ink on my acrylic block and smooshed the die cut bird over it.



Step 5
I partially stamped the watercolored bird further with another stamp using the black ink as you can see in the photos.




Step 6
Finally I stamped the Thank you and also some tone on tone brick background to add more interest. To finish I assembled it all together :)


Here is a closeup of each card :)









I have used For the Birds,  Mixed Media Grunge and For the Birds Dies
ForTheBirds-preview MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg FortheBirdscoordinatingdies-preview


That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I love the play with tone on tone look, very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous cards - love the subtlety of the tone on tone backgrounds.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. A beautiful idea for quick and pretty cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards and the stamps and dies are wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...